Wow Brijit from Brijit’ Digits has nominated me for a Liebster award! I am so flattered that I got nominated! As most of you know, I’m relatively new to the blogging world so to receive this nomination…it blows my mind! Brijit is fabulous-her nail designs are brilliant and I am always stalking her blog looking at her latest blog posts!
The rules of the Liebster award are as follows:
- The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
- The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
- The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
- These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
- They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
So, here are my fun facts!
- I love glitter. Anything sparkly, glittery and spangly.
- I have to name things I own, for example; my Kindle is called Kendra, my Tablet PC is called Tabitha… (is this a fun fact, or crazy fact?!)
- I have a love of animated films, especially Pixar films!
- I have many Cath Kidston items, I like to fill my bedroom with lovely floral stuff.
- I am the youngest of 3 sisters; my two sisters are older than me. There is a 17 and 14 year age gap between us.
- I have 4 nephews and 1 niece. As you can imagine, my niece is a perfect nail client for me to practice on!
- I am a stationary addict as well as a polish addict. I love pens, rubbers, pencils, note pads, everything stationary related! I have far too many pencil cases around my house.
- I really like car racing games! I am currently playing Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.
- On the game note, I also like Batman: Arkham Asylum, Toy Story 3, Harry Potter, Fable 2 & 3… When I have time (which is rarely) I love to play my Xbox.
- I recently found out that I have a skill for Quilling. It is very theraputic to make tiny designs with paper.
- I have two adorable dogs! I am in love with their fluffy faces and their doggy cuddles.
These are the questions I have to answer:
- What made you start blogging?
I was always looking for nail inspiration on the internet and I had lots of nail ideas. I just wanted to share my pictures with others, incase I could inspire some of you guys :) Its also fun to talk nails with people that are as interested as me!
- Do your ‘real life’ friends and family know about your blog? Do they follow?
Yes they know, but none of them have followed. They occasionally have a look to see what I’m up to, but they are not very interested with nail art.
- How many blogs do you follow?
Hundreds! I follow lots on WordPress and then more through Bloglovin.
- Are they all beauty blogs?
Nearly all of them, some are fashion but some are about books.
- What is your must-have nail polish right now?
I’m into holographic right now – I love how beautiful it is!
- Your favourite nail art technique?
Hmm this is tricky. I think at the moment, I would say glequins are my favourite. So that would be my favourite technique.
- Do you take part in nail art challenges?
Yes I am taking part in Short and Sweet’s 30 day challenge right now :)
- Are you more of a summer or winter person?
Summer! I love the sunshine! I don’t hate winter, but I dislike being cold!
- How do you store your nail polish?
I have a lovely polish box to store my polishes in. Except its getting pretty full now…Oops!
- Do you prefer cats or dogs?
- If you were a biscuit, what type of biscuit would you be?
Hmm… I would be a chocolate hobnob! I love them!
Is this turning out to be the longest blog post in the world? I think so.
My nominations are all awesome blogs, you may already have this award and if you do, I’m sorry! I won’t take offense if you do not want to take part, but you all massively inspire me so I need to mention you – here are my 11 nominations:
- Short and Sweet in Texas – Julie’s nail art and April challenge is awesome!
- water.color.silk – Olga and I appear to be on the same wavelength when it comes to PVA and glitter removal!
- Holly’s Favourite Things – A little blog about her favourite things.
- Kelsnation – A blog about life!
- Craftynail – I think Brijit nominated Jacqui, but her blog is amazing so she definitely needed a mention!
- A luscious Life – I love to have a float on over to read about beautiful life moments.
- Blondes love cupcakes – Megan has some fab nail designs and is lovely!
- Nail Luxxe – Beautiful nail designs!
- The Bubbly Brunette – Chris’ latest floral design is a beaut!
- Beauty by Brittany – So good at water marbling!
- Escape by Beauty – Check out Ashley’s rainbow fish mani – it is adorable!
I know this is a word heavy post, but I hope you can all check out my nominations if you haven’t already!
Here are my 11 questions for those of you that want to take part:
- How long have you been blogging?
- Do you blog every day?
- What did you want to achieve by starting your blog?
- Has your blog changed direction since you started?
- What kind of blogs do you follow?
- Do you have a talent? If so, what is it?
- What is your favourite colour?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- What is your favourite food?
- Do you have a favourite animal? If so, what is it?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
Thanks Brijit! And thanks to all of my fabulous followers for following me!